Linda Gasparello of White House Chronicle reports in her June 7, 2011 article that there is a new web-based television program which will help draw attention to ME/CFS.
The program is called ME/CFS Alert and can be accessed on the YouTube Channel MECFSAlert. It was created by Llewellyn King, a Washington columnist, executive producer and host of White House Chronicle, and Deborah Waroff, a New York author and security analyst who has suffered from the illness for 22 years.
Waroff says that the program has three main objectives:
- To comfort the suffering,
- To change attitudes among physicians and medical institution, and
- To implore the government to provide critically needed research funds.
Episode 1, parts 1 & 2, is an interview with ME/CFS doctor Derek Enlander.
Episode 2 presents Llewellyn King talking about the ramifications of ME/CFS not getting enough federal funding. Thank you Llewellyn for standing up for us and telling it like it is! Episode 2 embedding has been disabled. Just click here to watch it.
You might also like the following panel discussions hosted by Llewellyn King:
- April 12, 2011- Host Llewellyn King featured a panel discussion of ME/CFS on his PBS program “The White House Chronicle”. Guests were Leonard Jason, PhD (DePaul University), Amy Dockser Marcus (Wall Street Journal), Frances Sellers (Washington Post), and Deborah Waroff (author/patient). Click here for the video, then wait 35 seconds
- Oct. 8, 2010- White House Chronicle panel discussion on ME/CFS with Host Llewellyn King. Guests were Dr.Paul Plotz (National Institutes of Health) and Deborah Waroff (author/patient). Click here for the video, then wait 35 seconds.